Xbox One/360 Controller Scheme Set and Racing Game Graphics

Having technical difficulties with Supermodel? Last-minute wardrobe malfunction? Get help here.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

• No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Xbox One/360 Controller Scheme Set and Racing Game Graphics

Postby ark216 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Greetings everyone!
This is my first post on these forums. I am having been a great time using the SM3 Emulator to re-play one of my favourite arcade games from the 90s. However since i am relatively new to this emulator i am having some issues regarding the controls scheme.I am using an xbox one/360 gaming controller can anyone be kind enough to walk me through as what keys should i select from the UI version drop down list of SM3 ( i am a total noob in command prompt version) in order to set for racing games like Daytona 2, Scud Race, Sega Rally 2 and so on. For instance i want to use accelerate and brake on my triggers respectively and use left analog stick (LS) as a "steering wheel".Like wise for shooters i would like to use aim (looking through aim) and shoot on triggers as its done on modern shooter,if it's a rail shooter then simply use LS to aim. Start for start button on game pad and select for coins.If i am playing Virtua Fighter or Fighting Vipers 2 then what control scheme to use so that my face buttons on the controller are the same as that of the arcade.

If someone can share their control settings with me (UI version) then that will be of great help to me!

Another issue that i have noticed is that when playing Scud Race or Daytona USA 2 i have noticed that when selecting the interior view the car's interior are not rendered correctly meaning that some textures are missing plus can only see just the top portion of the steering wheel.I remember this well that the car interior were modelled well with the steering wheel and the drivers's hand (gloves really) in full view.

Help needed in these aspects!!!
Thanks!
ark216

Re: Xbox One/360 Controller Scheme Set and Racing Game Graph

Postby ark216 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Guys need help awaiting some replies!!!! Bart can you help me out with my queries?

Thanks!
ark216

Re: Xbox One/360 Controller Scheme Set and Racing Game Graph

Postby Bart » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:52 am

I don't know anything about the third party UIs. Your best bet is to just set it up from the command line. Follow these instructions *exactly*, including in how you extract Supermodel to c:\supermodel, otherwise you'll have to figure out which directory to get to via the command prompt. I know it seems daunting but it's either 10 minutes of this or an indeterminate amount of time awaiting a reply.

Once you've extracted Supermodel and gotten into the correct directory (Step 4 or 5), type:

Code: Select all
supermodel -config-inputs -input-system=xinput

This will launch configuration mode. Make sure the empty window is highlighted and then follow the instructions that appear in the command window. You basically use the keyboard to cycle through different possible inputs and can then set them as you wish.

Once the configuration is saved, make sure to run Supermodel with "-input-system=xinput" otherwise the shoulder triggers won't work correctly. I'm sure the Supermodel UIs have some option to enable XInput mode, if you intend to use them.
Bart
Site Admin

Return to The Fitting Room