TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Discuss Supermodel and your favorite Model 3 games. Show off your latest threads, this is the place to see and be seen.
Forum rules
Keep it classy!

  • No ROM requests or links.
  • Do not ask to be a play tester.
  • Do not ask about release dates.
  • No drama!

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby VirtuaHunter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:27 am

MakutaMaster962 wrote:It's finally here, guys! TeknoParrot 1.50 with Lindbergh Arcade System support was released just this very morning. :D However, right now it's still only available to those who have a Patreon account. Also, I've seen a couple of people saying that it will only work with Windows 10, which is very bad for us Windows 7 Users...


W10-only would be a real problem, hope it's not true :(
User avatar
VirtuaHunter
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:47 am

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby MrThunderwing » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:32 pm

VirtuaHunter wrote:
MakutaMaster962 wrote:It's finally here, guys! TeknoParrot 1.50 with Lindbergh Arcade System support was released just this very morning. :D However, right now it's still only available to those who have a Patreon account. Also, I've seen a couple of people saying that it will only work with Windows 10, which is very bad for us Windows 7 Users...


W10-only would be a real problem, hope it's not true :(


It is, unfortunately :|
User avatar
MrThunderwing
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby VirtuaHunter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:47 am

MrThunderwing wrote:
VirtuaHunter wrote:
MakutaMaster962 wrote:It's finally here, guys! TeknoParrot 1.50 with Lindbergh Arcade System support was released just this very morning. :D However, right now it's still only available to those who have a Patreon account. Also, I've seen a couple of people saying that it will only work with Windows 10, which is very bad for us Windows 7 Users...


W10-only would be a real problem, hope it's not true :(


It is, unfortunately :|


Is there a reason? Can we expect W7 support in future or Lindbergh really needs W10 to work?
User avatar
VirtuaHunter
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:47 am


Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby MrThunderwing » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:12 am

So this is pretty awesome. Someone's figured out how to hack the Sega Rally Revo tracks into Sega Rally 3. Meaning you can play them with the far superior SR3 arcade racer handling, rather than Revo's wanky slide all over the place handling.
User avatar
MrThunderwing
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby LeSpank » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:20 am

MrThunderwing wrote:So this is pretty awesome. Someone's figured out how to hack the Sega Rally Revo tracks into Sega Rally 3. Meaning you can play them with the far superior SR3 arcade racer handling, rather than Revo's wanky slide all over the place handling.


Genius! Would love to try that out. The 'Revo' handling was truly terrible.

I still detest the TeknoParrot front end. I use a Thrustmaster TX steering wheel with a separate H pattern shifter and there is no way to map controls across 2 devices. Doesn't seem to be a problem on any other emulator but the problem persists here.
LeSpank
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:04 am
Location: Cwmbran, Wales

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby MrThunderwing » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 am

LeSpank wrote:
MrThunderwing wrote:So this is pretty awesome. Someone's figured out how to hack the Sega Rally Revo tracks into Sega Rally 3. Meaning you can play them with the far superior SR3 arcade racer handling, rather than Revo's wanky slide all over the place handling.


Genius! Would love to try that out. The 'Revo' handling was truly terrible.

I still detest the TeknoParrot front end. I use a Thrustmaster TX steering wheel with a separate H pattern shifter and there is no way to map controls across 2 devices. Doesn't seem to be a problem on any other emulator but the problem persists here.


Unfortunately, the guy who's modded the Revo tracks into SR3 hasn't responded to any of the comments from people (myself included) who've asked if he could share how it's done.
User avatar
MrThunderwing
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby MrThunderwing » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:30 pm

MrThunderwing wrote:
LeSpank wrote:
MrThunderwing wrote:So this is pretty awesome. Someone's figured out how to hack the Sega Rally Revo tracks into Sega Rally 3. Meaning you can play them with the far superior SR3 arcade racer handling, rather than Revo's wanky slide all over the place handling.


Genius! Would love to try that out. The 'Revo' handling was truly terrible.

I still detest the TeknoParrot front end. I use a Thrustmaster TX steering wheel with a separate H pattern shifter and there is no way to map controls across 2 devices. Doesn't seem to be a problem on any other emulator but the problem persists here.


Unfortunately, the guy who's modded the Revo tracks into SR3 hasn't responded to any of the comments from people (myself included) who've asked if he could share how it's done.


With a bit of help from a couple of the guys at BYOAC I was able to figure out how it's done :D Check it out - Revo tracks transplanted into the proper arcade version of SR3!
https://youtu.be/DCuq_xoUECw
It's not especially difficult, I'm planning on chucking together a quick tutorial video at the weekend to show how it's done.
User avatar
MrThunderwing
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby Toshiko » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Woo! Now that has me interested.
Toshiko
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:30 am

Re: TeknoParrot (RingWide/RingEdge loader)

Postby MrThunderwing » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am

Tutorial actually took me a bit less time to complete than I thought. Here it is:
https://youtu.be/B6tpNucMZCQ
Attachments
Tracks 2.jpg
Tracks 2.jpg (90.45 KiB) Viewed 992 times
User avatar
MrThunderwing
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Previous

Return to The Catwalk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests